Monday, November 28, 2011

2 Modeled Items

Here's my two modeled items, a birthday cake and a Mario hat. The table on the bottom is just four cylinders and a rectangle with wood texture. The plate for the birthday cake is just a polygon cylinder that I raised the edges on, smoothed, and added a china pattern texture. The cake itself was also really easy, its just a smoothed cylinder that I added a chocolate frosting texture to. The candle is a cylinder with two spirals around it and a glowing orange flame on top. The Mario hat is a nurbs sphere. I changed the end sweep to 180 to make it a hemisphere, then modeled it based on a picture I found. The brim of the hat is a nurbs plane that I also modeled. To make the Mario logo, I made my own pattern in Illustrator. I just made a white circle with a transparent M in it and and transparent background, then applied the picture as a texture to a nurbs plane, so it would just look like a white circle with a red M. Anyway, that's pretty much it. I'm going to try to model a block and mushroom to do some sort of Mario type animation with the hat next.

No comments:

Post a Comment