Monday, January 28, 2013

Baking Lights to Textures

Here is a tutorial I did with baking lights to textures. This tutorial is for my group, Iron Sombrero. Basically, it involved combining the objects into one poly, creating an automatic mapping and tweaking it some, creating the lights and a sky dome, and then assigning different texture bake sets to the geometry to get different layers, such as occlusion, light and color, final gather, and global illumination. Overall, it was not too bad, but I kept having a problem with black borders around the faces of the geometry. You can see the problem in the pictures below. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Below I also included the different uv texture files. Click on the images for a higher resolution.




Composited texture:

Global Occlusion:

Local Occlusion:

Light & Color:

Final Gather:

Global Illumination:

No comments:

Post a Comment