Monday, March 25, 2013

Grass and Wood Textures

For another group tutorial, I decided to make grass and wood textures to use in the game, since grass is a pretty important thing to have for the ground texture. Anyway, here is the grass texture tutorial I used along with an image of the texture file and the texture applied to the ground. The tutorial itself wasn't too difficult and also has some extra steps if you want to add lines to your grass like a football field, but I didn't need to do that.




Here is the tutorial I did for the wood texture (it is by the same guy). This tutorial was also pretty easy to follow, although some of the tools that he used in the Photoshop liquify filter weren't available in CS6 (I don't know why Adobe would have removed features, but whatever). Anyway, I just tried to achieve the same effect with the tools that I did have. Below is the texture and the texture applied to stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment